Accelerating business growth through marketing strategy and commercial leadership
Commercial Strategy & Marketing | Sales Force Effectiveness
I am passionate about health, medicine and people. During my career, I have nurtured that passion as I positioned organizations within healthcare for growth and long-term profitability through strategy, commercial leadership, and flawless execution. Whether translating science into commercial insights and strategic recommendations, identifying new business opportunities, crafting turnaround plans, or building infrastructure
I leverage an entrepreneurial mindset and effective blend of strategic, operational, and commercial acumen to propel businesses forward.
Throughout my journey, I had the opportunity to work on global initiatives, from leading clinical trials in the US and Asia-Pacific to managing multicultural sales and marketing teams across Europe. That experience helped me build a global perspective and an understanding of the importance of cultural, regulatory, and political dynamics when launching products and developing strategy.
I bring more than 10 years’ experience at IQVIA helping pharmaceutical companies leverage data and providing sales and marketing consulting services both globally and in the US. Most recently, I was charged with developing a small pharmaceutical company’s commercial strategy and leading a comprehensive turnaround following disappointing market entry of the company’s first product. Responsible for all commercial and clinical operations functions, I identified our most attractive market opportunities by seeking advice from many stakeholders like healthcare providers, payers, and supply and distribution partners. I hired, and trained a diverse and highly effective team, created targeted marketing and medical education programs, to successfully re-launched the products delivering 5 years compounding growth rate of 65%. More recently, with the loss of exclusivity of our product, I developed successful sales strategies to maintain a 55% market share.
• Commercial strategy for small and start-up companies considering a US launch, including P&L.
• Business case to support building the commercial organization vs. outsourcing or licensing/co-promoting.
• Stakeholders’ identification and strategies: HCPs, Payers, etc.
• Salesforce effectiveness: Using data to create the right size sales force or optimize the effectiveness of the existing sales team. Implement CRM tools and sales compliance policies and procedures.
• Business analytics to drive performance and optimize resources.
• Develop training program for sales, marketing and MSL teams.
• Development of Medical Communication strategies, including publication planning, ad boards, and MSL structure.
• Clinical Operations: Collaborating with R&D to create a clinical development plan that takes into consideration the commercial needs. Recommend clinical trial set up, management and/or oversight of CROs.
• Create a business cases for small/start-up pharmaceutical companies looking to launch their product on the US market. From identifying and researching the market opportunity, the customers, and how to best structure the organization to financial forecasting and profitability.
• Business analytics: identify and use data (Internal, third party and real world data) to make business decisions and optimize revenue growth.
• Advise specialty pharmaceutical company on approach to launching a new asset for rare disease or infectious disease and the considerations of setting up its own operating structure
• Strategic portfolio management and lifecycle planning.